Sunday, November 11, 2012

Pizza with a stunning view!


Pizza with a stunning view!

    I think it’s safe to say by now that I am somewhat of a travel junkie, or, as a friend kindly put it, ‘a gypsy at heart’. True as that is, what a lot of people don’t know about me is the fact that I am a huge foodie, too! One of the highlights of travelling is sampling different kinds of cuisine, flavours and aromas, the kitchens across the world have to offer. I love pizza and have eaten it at every place I’ve visited — from New York to Florence. But I have to say that the best one I ever had in my life was on a holiday in a tiny little restaurant in Verzasca, Switzerland.
    It was a simple place with a stunning view just off the
road. The thin dough that was served, was so melt-in-yourmouth perfect. The fresh toppings included tomato, mozzarella, spinach, garlic, cooked ham and mascarpone. I’d never have imagined mascarpone on my pizza, but the chef recommended it. It’s a pizza I’ve tried to get many others to replicate, but nothing has ever tasted this good and no one has ever matched up.
    I wish I’d noted down the name of the place and the exact location, so I could go back. But alas, I was in such a trance, I didn’t do it. So now, all I am left with is this picture and the memory. I loved the whole experience of eating out there.


No comments: